The majestic Taal Volcano
UPDATES: Due to some Volcanic Alert activity and recent quake activity in Taal area reported by PHILVOCS latest November 30, this trip is indefinitely postponed.
Hi guys, this is an open invitation so anyone can join!
Date: December 3, 2005 Saturday
Highlights of the trip:
+ Taal crater hike
– Experience hiking on the world’s smallest active volcano.
– One of the “1000 places to see before you die”
– see the mysterious Crater Lake with its famous “island in a lake on an island in a lake on an island” attraction
+ Basilica of San Martin de Tours
– The impressive Basilica Minore of St. Martin of Tours, built between 1858 and 1878, is considered to be the biggest in all of Southeast Asia.
+ Taal Town
– The Taal Heritage Village rivals Vigan for the best-preserved relics of the Spanish colonial era
– Leon Apacible Historical Landmark
– Marcela Marino Agoncillo Museum and Monument
– Church of Our Lady of Casaysay
– Barrio Balisong
0530 Assembly at Makati, ayala terminal
0600 ETD for San Nicolas
0800 ETA San Nicolas Town Hall
0830 ETD for Taal Island
0900 ETA Dock on Island, start of hike
1000 ETA Taal Summit crater (option to visit other craters
1130 ETD for San Nicolas
1200 ETA San Nicolas, Lunch
1300 ETD for Lemery
1330 ETA Basilica Minore of St. Martin of Tours
1430 Exploration of other sites
1800 ETD for Manila
2000 ETA Makati, Ayala Terminal
*Schedule in the afternoon is flexible as long as we follow our target departure
Budget: Php 500.00 at most, bring your own snacks and meals (there’s an option to eat there but meals are expensive)
About the Discovery tour: This is not a Carlos Celdran or Ivan organized “Heritage” tours. Some of us, including I, have never been to the so called places mentioned in the highlight, so I call it “Discovery” since that’s the point of it all.
Important things to bring:
- Bottled water (very hot on the crater)
- Wide brimmed hat/ Bush Hat/ Cap
- Trail snacks
- Extra set of clothes
Deadline of confirmation for attendees will be on Nov 30 (Wednesday). We need to finalize headcount for transportation pruposes.
Those who are interested may email me at [email protected] or text me at 09282838252
Ferdz Decena is an award-winning travel photographer, writer and blogger. His works has found print in publications such as Singapore Airlines’s Silver Kris, Philippine Airlines’ Mabuhay, Cebu Pacific’s Smile and Seair InFlight. He has also lent his expertise to various organizations like the Oceana Philippines, Lopez Group Foundation, Save the Children and World Vision, contributing quality images for their marketing materials.