It all started with a play of words, how the word “Borobudur” fondly rolls out your tongue as you one repeatedly utters it. Then the interest to visit this one of a kind UNESCO site came. Unfortunately, I wasn’t able to join my group of friends on their planned visit so I embarked on a journey to Yogyakarta and Solo on my own as a birthday gift to myself. It was 5 Days in Yogyakarta and Solo of discovering mountain slope temples, admiring wonderful batiks, got into a motorbike accident and met hospitable strangers. Here’s recounting the trip with itinerary and trip cost.
- In Transit: Flying from Jakarta to Yogyakarta then a Prameks to Solo
- Wandering the Jl Slamet Riyadi, Solo’s Main Avenue
- Batik Tulis: Traditional Indonesian Batik Making in Solo
- A Mesmerizing Gamelan Nightcap at Cakra Homestay
- The Sorry State of Surakarta Kraton
- Motorbike Misadventure to the Enigmatic Sukuh Temple
- Whisking Through the Jumog Waterfalls Twin Falls
- Wishing for Good Luck at Cetho Temple
- Candi Borobudur, Central Java’s Imposing Wonder
- Candi Prambanan and the Indonesian Hospitality in Yogyakarta
The total expense for my 5 day trip here is Php 13,870.89 excluding airfare. Majority of the expense goes for lodging which is Php 5,124.43 and a large chunk of that goes to the Manohara Hotel at Rp 745,00 (Php 3,371).
Ferdz Decena is an award-winning travel photographer, writer and blogger. His works has found print in publications such as Singapore Airlines’s Silver Kris, Philippine Airlines’ Mabuhay, Cebu Pacific’s Smile and Seair InFlight. He has also lent his expertise to various organizations like the Oceana Philippines, Lopez Group Foundation, Save the Children and World Vision, contributing quality images for their marketing materials.