Orlando, Florida is a great place to go for a family vacation. It is home to no fewer than eleven theme parks. Each one of these parks is full of opportunities for the youngsters or the young at heart to have a blast under the sunny Florida skies. It is best to rent a car to get from park to park.
- Walt Disney World: Is located about 35km southwest from downtown Orlando Florida. The property covers 27,258 acres in which it has four theme parks, 27 themed resort hotels, a camping resort, two water parks, four golf courses, a residential area and other recreational and entertainment venues. It really is its own world. Phase 2 of New Fantasy Land ,said to be Walt Disney’s favorite Disneyland, opened this year so make sure you check it out.
- Gatorland: Is the home of thousands of alligators including the world’s biggest collection of white alligators. It also has crocodiles, several venomous snakes, a petting zoo, an aviary, a breeding marsh with an observation tower, a train, a nature walk, several educational wildlife programs, a gift shop, a restaurant, and exciting shows that involve some of these critters. There is also the Screamin’ Gator Zip Line that allows you to fly over 1,200 feet and includes five different zip lines and a suspension bridge.
- Seaworld Orlando: If you are excited about seeing whales, dolphins, penguins, manatees, turtles, or Stingrays up close, this is the place for you. Some of the best Seaworld Orlando tickets include passes to other parks all in one convenient price.
- Universal Orlando: Check out the “Wizarding World of Harry Potter,” probably its most popular attraction now since its construction. There are four hotels for you to stay in and numerous other attractions and shopping including active film crews working in certain areas of the park. Maybe you can be an extra?
- Kennedy Space Centre Florida Visitor Centre: Just an hours drive east of the city and you can meet an astronaut, watch IMAX films and walk past rockets that will make you feel really small.
- Wet n’ Wild: This is voted America’s number one water park so bring your bathing suit and experience all the wild rides that people are splashing about.
- Wonderworks: It has more than one hundred interactive exhibits that allow you to explore the world of science up close and personal. It’s educational and fun for everyone.
- Legoland: Enter the world of this long lived child’s building toy and experience the world of Lego.
- Discovery Cove Orlando: You can swim with the dolphins, snorkel with thousands of fish or rays, feed exotic birds, or play with some otters. |You can relax on the beach after your thrilling day with the animals.
- Aquatica: This is a creation of Sea World and it has rides that go past animals, two wave pools, two play areas for really young children and a multitude of other fun things to do in the hot sun including two different river rides. It’s a perfect place for those hot sunny Florida days.
- Busch Gardens Tampa Bay: Take a drive just one hour west for this park. If you want to see the animals of Africa without flying all the way there, this is the place to go. They have interactive programs and lots of baby animals to view.
Ferdz Decena is an award-winning travel photographer, writer and blogger. His works has found print in publications such as Singapore Airlines’s Silver Kris, Philippine Airlines’ Mabuhay, Cebu Pacific’s Smile and Seair InFlight. He has also lent his expertise to various organizations like the Oceana Philippines, Lopez Group Foundation, Save the Children and World Vision, contributing quality images for their marketing materials.