Sombrero Island Masbate is part of Island Hopping Tour from San Pascual, Burias Island along with Animasola Island and Tinalisayan Island. The Sombrero Island is located 4.5 nautical miles from San Pascual town proper and can be reached by motorboat in an estimate time of 55 minutes to an hour. A 1-day/2-night package of P1,800 per person or 3-day/2-night package of P2,800 per person is available which includes:
- Meals (lunch and dinner)
- Aircon Room accommodations
- Transport service for Island Hopping
- Entrance Fees
- Tour Guide Services
For booking and details do contact Cecile of San Pascual Tourism Office at 09199112270
Alternatively, boats can be hired per day basis from the port for Php 1,500.
Sombrero Island Masbate has facilities for a night’s stay. An open cottage with the use of common restroom is P700/night. For the Cottage with private bathroom good for 10pax is P3000/night. For reservation contact Dong at 09293595290
How to go to San Pascual, Burias Island, Masbate
The advantage of San Pascual, Burias Island from the rest of Masbate is its easy accessibility to Naga City, Camarines Sur.
- Manila to Naga City by Bus: Ride any Naga City bound bus in Cubao Terminal. Plenty of choices from Philtranco, DLTB, Isarog Lines, etc). In Pasay there’s Philtranco and DLTB. Travel time is 8–9 hours with fares starting from Php 700 to 1100.
- Manila to Naga City by Plane: There are daily flights to Naga City via Cebu Pacific or Philippine Airlines. Travel time is 45 minutes from Manila. Naga City Airport is near the town of Pili.
- Naga City to Pasacao Port: Make your way to North Bound Terminal and take a jeep or VAN heading to Pasacao. Travel time is 45minutes to an hour. From Pasacao, hire a tryke to take you to the port.
- From Pasacao Port to San Pascual: There are several boats that leave Pasacao Port for San Pascual daily usually from 7:00am, 10:00am and 2:00pm. Travel time is 2 hours and a fare of Php 150. From San Pascual to Pasacao Port, there are boats that leave from 5:30am, 8:00am and 9:20am.
Ferdz Decena is an award-winning travel photographer, writer and blogger. His works has found print in publications such as Singapore Airlines’s Silver Kris, Philippine Airlines’ Mabuhay, Cebu Pacific’s Smile and Seair InFlight. He has also lent his expertise to various organizations like the Oceana Philippines, Lopez Group Foundation, Save the Children and World Vision, contributing quality images for their marketing materials.