Vacations are meant to be fun. They should be memorable, rejuvenating, and fulfilling.
Unfortunately, many people still end up having mediocre vacations even though they’ve worked hard to earn them. Some skimp on their itinerary, believing that they could “have something better next time.” Others simply fail to plan for the trip well ahead of schedule.
To avoid making these mistakes, think of yourself as a VIP while planning your vacation. Remember: Even if you’re on a budget, you can only make the most out of what you pay for if you get the best-value offerings from attractions, like those offered at Ferrari World Abu Dhabi.
In this article, you’ll learn what it means to be the VIP in the Yas Island theme park, as well as discover the three premium activities you can try on your Abu Dhabi trip.
The Ferrari VIP Experience
Ferrari World Abu Dhabi is a prime destination for different types of travelers. They cater to families, couples, and even solo travelers who want to try once-in-a-lifetime experiences.
As part of Yas Theme Parks, the Ferrari-branded destination comes with Yas Island packages that offer savings without compromising the quality of the experience. But for those who want more, Ferrari World Abu Dhabi offers two VIP packages:
A Ferrari World VIP package comes with the following experiences:
- Premium admission to the theme park.
- One session at the Scuderia Challenge Advanced Simulator.
- One Karting Academy session.
- Passenger Experience.
Price: AED 1,995
The VIP Plus
With the VIP Plus passes, you get:
- A premium admission ticket to Ferrari World Abu Dhabi.
- A Karting Academy session.
- A Scuderia Challenge Advanced Simulator session.
- Driving Experience.
Price: AED 2,595
Both packages also include a table reservation at Mamma Rossella and access to first-class amenities, including valet parking, locker storage, luggage storage, a two-hour personal tour guide, a stroller, and souvenir photos for the experience.
Important: Don’t forget to check for updates on their website. Read terms and conditions before booking.
1. Set Personal Speed Records at Karting Academy
At Ferrari World Abu Dhabi, you’ll find a mini version of the Formula One racetrack at Yas Marina Circuit. Hailed as the first electric go-kart circuit in the region, the 952-foot track helps teach guests all about the wonders of racing.
Karting Academy allows participants to earn their stripes and become drift champions, karting in Abu Dhabi like it’s nobody’s business.
The experience feels a lot closer to the big-boy speed competitions held next door, thanks to the live and timed leaderboard that lets family and friends compete and earn bragging rights from setting their personal speed records.
Other details you need to know:
- Only 12 cars per lane can compete.
- The cycle time is 20 minutes, with a maximum speed of 28 miles per hour.
- The experience is on a first-come, first-serve basis due to limited capacity.
- Riders must be at least 130 centimeters tall to participate.
2. Ride a Ferrari in the Driving and Passenger Experiences
The Ferrari World Experience isn’t complete without an encounter with an actual Ferrari. The good news is that the VIP packages can grant you access to one of two experiences: Driving and Passenger.
If you wish to feel what it’s like to get behind the wheel of a Ferrari, you can choose the VIP Plus package that includes one Driving Experience session.
If you’re still not confident in your driving skills (or don’t have a valid driving license), you can still ride one in the Passenger Experience.
For the latter, a professional driver will handle the wheels while you enjoy the speed and horsepower the car brand is best known for.
Non-VIP park goers can also avail these experiences for additional fees. Both experiences run on a timed ticket system that can be booked online or at the park’s gate.
Here are several other things you need to know about the Ferrari Driving and Passenger Experiences:
- All drivers must provide their drivers’ licenses, passports with visas (if applicable), and authorized credit cards.
- Additional charges apply for extra passengers.
- Riders must arrive at least 30 minutes before their scheduled ride to avoid inconvenience.
- A full briefing session will be conducted for guests availing of the Driving Experience.
- Children are not allowed to ride on the front seat of vehicles per UAE law.
3. Immerse in Speed in Scuderia Challenge Racing Simulators
Last but certainly not the least of the VIP experiences you must try in Ferrari World Abu Dhabi is the Scuderia Challenge. These virtual racing simulators feature an immersive replication of the Formula One racing experience around the Yas Marina Circuit.
Designed to let guests train like a true-blue Ferrari driver, the simulators offer a genuine race car experience, complete with whiplash and jolts made possible by the ride’s hydraulic supports.
This timed attraction consists of three Advanced Simulators:
- F1 Simulator – The minimum height requirement for this simulator is set at 1.3 meters.
- F1 2.0 Simulator – Guests need to be at least 1.5 meters tall to try this attraction.
- Ferrari F430 GT Simulator – Like the F1 2.0, this ride requires a minimum height of 1.5 meters.
All simulators are on a first-come, first-served basis and have a limited capacity. Regular and advanced simulators run for eight minutes, plus two minutes each allotted for loading and unloading.
VIP Travel Bonus Tips
Want to make your trip more VIP-worthy? Here are some tips you can try:
Prioritize what’s important for you.
The key to an authentic VIP experience is its customizability.
Decide what you consider important and make sure that becomes the focus of your trip. Only then can you feel like you’re the bigwig of your vacation.
Get it straight from the horse’s mouth.
It is best to cut off the middlemen and get details straight from the sources when choosing activities. As much as possible, book directly with the provider as travel agents and booking services are bound to charge additional fees for their services.
Ditch the lines.
The best thing about having VIP passes at places like Ferrari World Abu Dhabi is getting priority access to all the rides. So ditch the lines and head straight for VIP-worthy fun.
A Very Important Vacation
Every vacation has its purpose. If yours is meant to make you feel like a very important person, make sure you book experiences worthy of a VIP. Consider the premium experiences listed here for your very important vacation.
Yogi wanderer. Solitude searcher. Book worm and chill out music tripper.