If palm-fringed islands with pure white sand beach, abundant marine life, chill-out atmosphere and shacks serving sumptuous barbecue by the seaside is your thing, Perhentian Islands, at Terengganu, Northeast Malaysia offers the perfect island escape. It’s distance that has kept this gem partially hidden fromt he tourist crowd and enjoyed mostly by backpackers and those few whose willing to travel far to this coast of Malaysia. Personally it’s one of my favourite islands since it sets a perfect balance between tamed development and keeping the natural wonders intact. Sharing here is the summary of the trip.
- Terengganu: Quick Walk Sidetrips from Kuala Terengganu Bus Station
- Perhentian Islands: Wind Down at Coral Bay Beach by Senja Bay Resort
- Perhentian Islands | The Islands and Sunrise at Long Beach
- Perhentian Islands | Chasing Turtles, Sharks and Sting Rays
- Perhentian Islands | Easy Morning and Goodbye at Coral Bay Beach
- Terengganu: The Crystal Mosque and the Islamic Heritage Park
- Fly back to Manila
My total budget for the trip is Php 8880. This excludes flight from Clark to Kuala Lumpur. A big chunk of the budget again goes to the transportation expense followed by the the Food and Beverage expense. You can download the details of the expense below.
Ferdz Decena is an award-winning travel photographer, writer and blogger. His works has found print in publications such as Singapore Airlines’s Silver Kris, Philippine Airlines’ Mabuhay, Cebu Pacific’s Smile and Seair InFlight. He has also lent his expertise to various organizations like the Oceana Philippines, Lopez Group Foundation, Save the Children and World Vision, contributing quality images for their marketing materials.